10 Minute Banana Bread

baking chic August 3, 2013 15

I have been making this banana bread recipe for the last several months. Its great recipe to make extra of and put away to freeze. I had some new loafs out of the oven and wanted to share the recipe with you 🙂

Also I have been using muffin tins, which keep the bread super moist and wonderful to put away in the freezer for special occasions. While we are in AZ I haven’t had the chance to get myself muffin tins so I have been using regular loaf pans which is just fine but I do prefer the muffin version best.

Makes 1 full-sized loaf or 2 small loaves

Preheat the oven to 350.

In one bowl, combine :1/2 stick (4-5 tablespoons) butter, softened

2 eggs

2 or 3 very ripe bananas

2/3 cup sugar

Use a potato masher, fork, or spoon to squish the banana and mix the ingredients together. It is alright for there to be small (1 centimeter) chunks of banana in the batter, but you want most of the banana to be reduced to mush.

In another bowl,

combine: 1 1/3 cup all-purpose unbleached flour

3/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)

Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until the ingredients are blended together.

If you like, stir in additional ingredients here, such as chopped walnuts or pecans.

Pour the dough into greased baking pans and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Small loaves take around 30 minutes, a normal-sized loaf takes around 50 minutes.

Remove from the oven. This bread is great warm, but it is excellent cold too.

After they have cooled for 5 or 10 minutes the loaves can be removed from the pan to cool. Once they are cool they can be individually wrapped and frozen.

Recipe Courtesy The Fresh Loaf

1. Amy August 6, 2013 at 12:33 pm - Reply

Yum! Yum! I love Banana Bread and this looks really good! I agree about the muffins, I would rather have muffins too and it’s easier for the boys to eat vs. trying to cut a piece from the loaf (which always turns my bread into a science project, not a pretty sight) 🙂

I can’t wait to see you tomorrow!

Love You,
    Amy

• baking chic August 14, 2013 at 1:55 pm - Reply

Lol Amy! We had such a blast with you last week! Thanks for having us and spending time with us! I hope you guys had fun camping! Oh and I wanted to thank you for lending us your car seat for Ezra while I was in town! It was such a relief not having to haul ours along with our luggage on the airplane! You are so kind!
      Love you and already planing our next get together!

2. Roxy August 7, 2013 at 8:57 am - Reply

Hello Backing Chic,
    I will using the muffin tin pan to bake them in, as I like the smaller portions. I am interested in doing a interview with you soon. I know your Pinterest Boards have so many wonderful and healthy ideas. So I will be contacting you today to get this interview rolling.
    Blessings, Roxy

• baking chic August 14, 2013 at 1:53 pm - Reply

Roxy,
      thanks for the interview and the wonderful food as well! We had a blast trying your secret walnut recipe! I hope you will be sharing it with your readers soon?!
      Love you!
      ~

3. Elizabeth August 7, 2013 at 9:10 am - Reply

This bread particularly makes me homesick for you! Thank you for posting the recipe!! Missing you!!

• baking chic August 14, 2013 at 1:51 pm - Reply

Aww miss you too Elizabeth! Maybe we will have banana bread party when we get together!

4. Amber August 7, 2013 at 3:22 pm - Reply

I just love banana bread, growing up my mom would make some whenever there were overripe bananas in the house, so now every time I see one I just have the urge to grab it and make banana bread! 😉 I will have to try your recipe!

• baking chic August 14, 2013 at 1:49 pm - Reply

Oh that sounds like a great childhood memory Amber! I think banana bread baking in the oven is like a moment in heaven!

5. Linda Knaus August 10, 2013 at 2:43 pm - Reply

Best banana bread recipe yet & I’ve tried a a lot…thanks!

• baking chic August 14, 2013 at 1:47 pm - Reply

Linda, so great this recipe worked for you! Thanks for your kind comment.
      Blessings

6. Becky August 11, 2013 at 10:45 pm - Reply

I like the loaf because you can warm up the bread in the toaster. Yumm 🙂

• baking chic August 14, 2013 at 1:46 pm - Reply

Becky, that sounds WONDERFUL! Thanks for sharing 🙂 I’m gonna have to try it!

7. Stacy August 16, 2013 at 4:06 pm - Reply

Just made this today – great recipe!

8. Lynn Beytien March 16, 2016 at 10:21 pm - Reply

I really like you’re recipe for banana bread. I just caught it on Pinterest.+ was pleasently surprised to see you also know. The Lord. What a blessing to have found your blog. Thank You