Having a Garage Sale this week and had the itch for coffee cake and a hot cup of coffee during the wee hours of the morning. This coffee cake has strawberries and peaches in it but you can put whatever you have on hand. The next batch I am going to add more fruit than what the original recipe calls for.
Never made coffee cake before so this was my first. My mom was telling me the other day that my brother made her Strawberry Coffee cake, so I got a little jealous, but that jealousy produced a very happy outcome I think! Thanks so much Mom 🙂
Hope to see you all at my garage sale, your invited
LOVE ~ Marie
|Garage Sale Coffee Cake||
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (or substitute chopped almond slices)
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the egg, milk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with strawberries.
- For topping, combine flour and sugar in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Work the ingredients with your fingers until evenly mixed together. Stir in pecans (almonds) if desired; sprinkle over strawberries.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares; serve warm.